Friday, December 8, 2006

Burgundy

Yesterday at noon, following a conversation regarding a partnership with a US distributor for the development of a common brand, I had lunch with Francois Mauss. We talked about the evolution of the US market and the revolution taking place in the media, the Grand Jury Europeen and the place of the Internet… All of that as a pretext to spend some quality time together even though the subjects discussed were serious.
It was a good opportunity to taste a Clos Vougeot 2004 from Mr François Legros, 1er cru Les Cras: a good wine, neat, pleasant to drink, buttery but in my opinion lacking concentration and new wood. But I have luxury taste, and as I drink few Burgundies, I only drink the best. In any case, Francois liked it.
Following, and a notch up, we drank a Gevrey Chambertin 2002 Corbeaux from Lucien Boillot. This is just about the type of wine I like to drink: fruity, fresh, long and elegant new oak. Pleasant to drink, even Murielle liked it. If it had been a little more concentrated, this wine would have been perfect for me.
In both cases, 2 good wines with a clear preference for the 2nd one.
Thanks to Patrick, who by his contacts, is trying to introduce me to burgundy Pinot.

No comments: