Thursday, December 28, 2006

A few good moments

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I really enjoyed watching the movie « Sideways » on Canal +. The atmosphere, the story of these 2 friends, the time that passes, his unreasonable love of wine in order to cure his unhappiness… I really liked this character, a sort of loser who asses his life and who fortunately still loves wine and teach how to love it (that’s where his life seems useful), and who is faithful in friendship despite all the situations trying to separate these 2 friends.
Another film, but not yet seen: “A good year” inspired by, what seems to be, an article on garage wines by Ben MacIntyre in the Times and directed by Ridley Scott (By the way, if someone has a copy of this article…)

Last Thursday, return trip to Montpellier for the end of the year meal of BEC-FAYAT ENT., with a tasting of La Dominique 2003, Commanderie de Mazeyres 2002 and Clément Pichon 2004. Very good atmosphere, enjoyable meal with the opportunity to meet the son of Bernard Faure, who I worked with for more than 10 years at the Crédit Agricole of Montpon-Ménestrol in Dordogne.
11 hours of driving was unfortunately the price to pay… I don’t like driving with all the dangers, despite having a comfortable and secure Mercedes ML300.

Friday noon, end of the year lunch with my employees, more than 30, to thank them for the work done and the current year.
I spent Christmas eve with my family, a relaxed evening: playing cards with a small meal drinking a Bollinger 1997. I usually don’t like champagnes aged in barrels, but this time I enjoyed it with great pleasure. We followed with La Conseillante 1998 always very good… I think it was my last bottle.
In the menu, warm oysters, cooked in a reduction of shallots, wine and crème fraîche, fresh oysters from Marennes and grilled chipolatas in the fireplace, duck foie gras “mi-cuit” cooked by Murielle, a delicious and unctuous capon and sauted potatoes, cheese and endive salad, and for desert a “bûche de Noël” (Yule log).

No comments: