Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Tuesday’s activities

Yesterday, meeting between 9 and 10 am with each person in charge of the sector Clotilde Tamisier to check the work done to abide to the ISO norm… the rapid expansion of my company making things more tedious.

From 10 to 11 am, tasting with someone in charge of a wine from Graves-Pessac Léognan, red and white. Tasting with my sales reps of a series of 10 wines. Well, we were not convinced, too bad.

11 am, meeting with Dominique Decoster to fine tune technical and commercial points. Fleur Cardinale will be sold for the first time as a Grand Cru Classé (except if the classification is challenged, but I don’t think so).

From 12:30 to 2 pm, tasting lunch at home for 11 people with my 2006 wines, plus Valandraud 2006-2005-2004-2003-2002-2001 and our Maury served with the famous chocolate desert from Lopez. The group consisting of Americans brought by our friend from Las Vegas, was, I think, seduced by the atmosphere and the wines, especially as I took them after 2:15 pm, to visit and taste Ausone. The visit from the Americans barely finished, I left at 4:30 pm with a banker from the Société Générale, to visit our properties and get to know each other better. It is now the 3rd bank I work with and it is still too early for me to give my opinion. Hurrah for BNP and Crédit Lyonnais, who are serious and effective partners.

From 6 to 8 pm, I met with the photographer from Figaro Magazine for a series of somewhat glamour pictures, another vision of wine that I like. The article will be about the Chinese market through our experience up to now (Xin and I).

No comments: