Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Results from the UGC

Good attendance for what could be the last time Rue Vergnaud, for we should also give more visibility to Château La Dominique and Marojallia in 2008. Being in the center of Saint Emilion was quite practical for us and the warm and friendly atmosphere was, I think, appreciated. But I am not sure that many of our guests can imagine that such environment, at least this year, demands a great deal of investments in personnel (more than 12 from Ets Thunevin) and materials (room, glasses, spittoons, ...) and that the invitations, receptions, meals, cleaning, and everything else was covered by my company as the châteaux present were invited and only 30% are sold by us in a meaningful way (and still…)

Other than that, the returns in turn of image are, of course, important and this year will be, it seems, a good year: the customers who made the trip were professionals used to the craziness or apathy of Bordeaux whici allowed us to deal with markets, as it is one of the directions I chose for my company and the product I create. What I mean by that is giving exclusivities country by country, either directly, or with the help of one of my colleagues wholesalers in Bordeaux.

And already, I am preparing my next trips:

15 to 19 April: Osaka and Tokyo for the 2006 futures tasting with the following wines:
Haut Mazeris, Bellevue de Tayac, Commanderie de Mazeyres, Franc Maillet Jean Baptiste, Bel Air Ouÿ, Fleur Cardinale, La Dominique, Valandraud, Virginie de Valandraud, Clos Badon-Thunevin, plus a selection from 2 big Bordeaux wholesalers.

28 to 29 April : Grand Tasting organized in the Palais Brogniart by the Revue du Vin de France

3 to 5 May: Hamburg for a tasting of 10 vintages of Valandraud for German journalists.

8 to 13 May: SIAL in Shanghai

15 May: Around Tours, chez Marrionnet

16 to 20 May: Boston and Las Vegas

Etc…

No comments: