Thursday, September 6, 2007

Looks like things are going well

Special recommendation in « Cuisine et Vins de France » for our cuvée « Bad Boy 2005 » not yet bottled. I think that there is also an article in the Nouvel Observateur. I can’t wait for this wine to be available for it looks like the sales will explode, knowing that this time, I produced this wine based on the sales price.
The retail price will be between 15 and 20 Euros, and between 25 and 30 dollars in the USA.

Recommendation in the Guide Hachette for Clos Badon Thunevin 2004.
The guide Gerbelle and Maurange for the Best Affordable Wines listed Présidial in a very good position (for the 3rd consecutive year).
For Jeff Leve, Valandraud 1998 is part of the top 5 wines in Bordeaux
Peter Hirsch says he wants to serve Valandraud 98 to Parker (he thinks it is worth 98 points – Thank you!)
Valandraud 2005, tasted by Francois Moss has also been getting very nice comments.
Our Roussillon wines, Calvet-Thunevin, are bought by the same clients year after year and makes new converts.

Our stock is dwindling, including for our new exclusivities and properties. It is still a bit hard in France, but I feel that interest is growing, and especially as it is becoming more and more expensive to trade Bordeaux Grands Crus, as we are getting less and less allocations!

1 comment:

PeterH said...

Hi Jean-Luc,
Thanks for mentioning me in your Blog. As I've written many times on the ERobertParker board, I Love Valandraud, especially the wine you made in '98. Tastes very similar to '89 Haut Brion, to me!