Friday, October 3, 2008

Corks

Problem free corks exist, according to Mr Baugier. He claims that the Diam cork is THE answer.
Maybe it is the solution… but for wines which can be cellared no more than 5 years. This is enough time for many wines. Except for 80% of mine which can last between 10 and 15 years. I still sell fair priced wines from 1999/2000 (and which can be kept for more than 5 years).
Even though I am known for modern wine, I still try to make, or sell, wines which are able to age and even improve with age…

The screw-cap works well. I experimented with my 2nd white and the results are promising. In addition, the esthetic has greatly improved. I already wrote about glass corks. Actually, I am waiting for the reliability of the Diam process for natural corks, not composite ones.

In the meantime, I pray that my cork supplier (Bourrassé, in the Landes) keeps providing me with good product…

No comments: