Friday, May 22, 2009

The spirit is back

Well, my spirit is back. Better as, next week, I am hosting a meal at home with my friend Adi and a few brothers and sisters from the Saint Christophe brotherhood, then I have to do an interview for Radio Notre Dame on the 28 from 9 to 10 am (believe it or not…). The following week, I will be in Japan to present our 2008 futures. The trip is organized by one of our 2 exclusive distributors who is also a faithful client and good friend.

Almost all the 2008 ratings have been released. What’s certain is that René Gabriel and Jacques Dupont don’t like the wines I produce: Just look at Bertrand Le Guern’s grids (who’s been doing an incredible job since Jacques Luxey’s Grand Jury) regarding Valandraud, Fleur Cardinale, Haut Carles and Virginie de Valandraud
La Dominique fairs well and regains its status – this beautiful brand deserves to be “rediscovered”.
I am surprised that Jacques Dupont didn’t like Virginie de Valandraud, for even blind and during the great years of Gault et Millau, he preferred Virginie to Valandraud. It is astonishing for a professional.
As for René Gabriel, it’s another story.

Clément Pichon, Commanderie de Mazeyres are still underrated. It is so hard to change set lines. Still they are included within the 300 best Bordeaux, which is not bad for these wines sold at « normal » prices.

No comments: