Sunday, October 4, 2009

The recovery

The recovery has been announced by our famous Dominique Strauss Kahn (IMF).
Meanwhile, I have been contacted by PR firms, ad agencies, 3 in a day is a rare occurrence, especially when it comes from big media firms about wine.
The questionnaire received from Mathilde Hulot for a forthcoming article in the R.V.I. makes senses under these circumstances.
Surprise visit of 2 journalists from the Revue du Vin de France who are currently tasting the 2000 vintage, how lucky. They made me question my opinion about a famous local cru I believed was still underperforming... Only fools never change their opinion, so I will drink this wine as soon as I have the opportunity.
Friday, I was invited for lunch at L’Envers du Décor by Rudolph Wartel to talk about the new Terre de Vin (Land of Wine), which I already gave my opinion on this blog.
In the afternoon, I had an important meeting at La Dominque, Saturday morning I have an appointment with James Lawter at the Chateau de Carles for his new book, hoping it will him write positively about Fronsac.
The harvest will likely begin seriously at our place next Monday.
Neighbors are almost all finished, some already 2 weeks ago...

No comments: