Friday, April 23, 2010

Hong Kong

Finally, I am back in Saint Emilion.
I was only delayed for 2 days. This, thanks for being an important Air France customer. My platinum card allowed me to be on the priority list.

Besides having to wait for 2 days, we had to wait for 9 hours in line in Hong Kong’s airport with no information, rumors within the lines and of course, my inability to speak English. I kept on calling Cécile to see if she could get more info from Air France in Bordeaux, a ticket, some hope, etc… I also called Greg Brossard, who was my life-line in Hong Kong. I was happy to finally get on board the plane to fly back to Paris, then Bordeaux.

This first tasting event for the 2009 futures went very well, even if some Hong Kong professionals were surprised by the skepticism of our partners’ competition. All our wines were showing very well and the 300 people who attended noticed this vintage’s high level of quality and even made some pre-reservations, or at least stated what they intended to buy! There won’t be enough wine for everyone, but that’s another story…
Hong Kong, with 600 professionals is becoming a platform for wine sales, and not just for Bordeaux!

Spring is well established and the vineyards are beautiful. The futures campaign has already started, with the successful Mont Perat and Aster de Beaulieu and we are starting to run out of our allocations for many wines.
With our “privilege”, Chateau Tour des Termes, with its great quality-price ratio, is selling well, and I suppose that we will not have enough Château Haut Marbuzet and Clos Floridène.

No comments: