Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Various

On the site of the Wine Spectator, James Molesworth published my answers to his questions on the 2011 vintage. This was my opinion last week; I will give a much more optimistic view as the beautiful Fall days are doing miracles in the vineyards. To be continued...

In Paris 2 wines who were sold at auction deserve the status of icons:
Pingus 2001 for 816.00 euro + expenses
Haut Brion 1989 for 1075.00 euro

Our distributor in Ukraine produced a big and beautiful catalog on Valandraud, Bad Boy, Clos du Beau Père, Sabines, Bellevue de Tayac and the properties which I am involved in: Fleur Cardinale, Haut Mazeris, La Dominique, Haut Carles, Marojallia and Thunevin-Calvet. I have been repeating for some time the importance I attach to my distributors. Peter Sisseck confirmed my choice by choosing his distributor in China. For Ukraine, we will fulfill this market directly.

Published in the RVF: Figeac (40 hectares) turned-down the $ 300 million offered by Bernard Arnault, but how did they get this information? Figeac - 7.5 million per hectare – with an official production of 120,000 bottles for the 1st cuvee, which makes 3000 bottles per hectare for the 1st wine and the same amount for the 2nd?
As each year goes by, this makes it harder for the small property to expand. It was a smart move to convince Mr. Fayat of Château La Dominique to buy some very well located vineyards from our neighbor Château Vieux Fortin!

No comments: