Friday, October 28, 2011

Tastings

Jörgen Lindström organized a tasting in Sweden of 2008 Bordeaux with 7 Tasters and had the following results: Virginie de Valandraud 2008, 92/100 points, Valandraud 95/100, Clos du Beau Père 90/100, La Dominique 93/100, all compared to a few other great wines also tasted. It confirms that the new "softer" approach I put together with my employees and Murielle in charge of vinification and the vineyards, is liked by our customers.

The tasting I just did a few days ago with a friend who stopped by our home confirmed that Valandraud 2009 and 2010 are great bottles, and the first bottle of Virginie de Valandraud 2009 tasted yesterday with Rémi, Christophe, Jean Philippe and Murielle was the best Virginie ever produced by us, unfortunately, vintages of the century are rare ... One to two times every 10 years ... Jokes aside, I can’t wait to read the 1st reviews of journalists on these 2009, who I believe will really enjoy them. In this regard, Izak Litwar is absolutely right to write that Valandraud 2008 is 100% due to Murielle’s talent: I was not there during the harvest, actually as in 2009 and 2010.

Also, I already stated that Fourcas Hosten is a wine to watch closely. Don’t wait till everyone talks about it.

No comments: