Friday, April 20, 2012

Good reading

Vitisphere.com is one of the most useful sites for any questions concerning the world of wine and I had the pleasure to answer questions prepared by Emilie and her colleague. Please read them if you are interested and want to practice your French. I also read Jose Penin’s column and his opinion on AOCs which are quite similar to what I read on the book written on Dubourdieu.

Hurrah for the newspaper Les Echos and its culture and leisure section edited by Jean François Pécresse with the help of Michel Bettane and Thierry Desseauve and their comments on Valandraud "sleek and smooth, the former “garage wine” is now a big 18/19 out of 20 ", which I found on Google on my birthday.

Regarding my birthday, I drank for dinner with friends a bottle of Pape Clément 2004 which was still young and seriously good, followed by a 2004 Angelus just amazing despite this austere vintage, full of richness and charm.
The next day one of our favorite wines, Clos L'Eglise 2001, my last bottle, what a pity... Long live Pomerol!

No comments: